Wednesday 8 June 2011

Community Health

Last week I completed my contribution to the Community Health Program here at MOH.
I had been asked to do some simple drawings for the teaching module for use with the Haitian health educators as well as for the educators to use within the communities where they will be teaching about health and disease prevention.
You may be wondering what kind of drawings would be needed for a program such as this. Well, let me tell you, they were not like any drawings I'd ever done before. I have now drawn men pooping both on dry and wet land, children sitting in their own diarrhea, dehydrated babies, animals spreading feces, families with illnesses, food infested with insects and more.
Below are two less graphic illustrations to be used to spur on discussion about penning animals:
Wandering Pig.
Where's he been? We don't know!
What did he do there? How can we tell?
Where's he going? Wherever he wants!

Penned Pig.
Pretty sure we're all feeling just a little bit safer.
Even the pig.
*okay, they may not use my script for the teaching...

No comments: