Wednesday 10 August 2011

Kickboxing

The last few months at MOH were interesting. As the temperatures rose a small group of women became more and more committed to getting up for an hour of kickboxing at 5:30 a.m. Interesting.
I'm finding it quite difficult to have the same consistency and level of sweat that was experienced in Haiti. I find if I go outside on our deck here late morning and work really hard... I'll sweat a bit. It actually seems strange to me how my muscles can be so sore and tired but my clothes are barely damp.
Also, and this surprises me, I really miss the bag. Punching the air is fine, but punching (and kicking) the bag is so satisfying.
Interesting.

2 comments:

Brianna Vaxvick said...

I feel like I've already written you 12 times today. We miss you at kickboxing too, and I definitely understand your pain of not having a bag... it really is just so much better :)

Found Wanderer said...

the bag misses you :)