Friday 9 March 2012

He Knows Our Name

This past Wednesday I was considering what to blog about and found myself on a rabbit-trail of sorts through blogs connected to MOH.
I'm going to straight up pilfer one written almost 2 years ago by a fellow who used to live here. To see the original go here: http://jershurk.weebly.com/1/post/2010/05/a-girl-with-no-name.html

It's from May, 2010. He writes this:

"A Girl With No Name
A guy came into the hospital the other day with his infant daughter, sat down and then asked a woman to watch his daughter while he used the restroom. He never returned. No one knows who he was. So now we have an abandoned baby girl we are keeping at the patient dome until we can figure out what exactly to do next because we have no records of anything in regards to this baby girl.

Pray for her. Shes not eating much."

I scroll down to see this picture:

And it hits me between the eyes. I know her name.


And as I am overcome with tears and the miraculous thought of what 2 years can bring I begin to laugh. Because they prayed she would eat.

Meet Angelie. Our biggest, feisty-est, arguably best eater in the toddler room. Yesterday afternoon she was practicing 'braiding' my hair, running around, playing (and bossing) the other toddlers, yelling, singing, laughing and loving life. This girl is a power-house. God has big things for her and He always knew her name.

Photo cred: Abby Lynch - who takes amazing photos
which you can see and even purchase here: www.fotosbyabby.com

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for that! I'm sure it is great for you two see kids a few years down the road as well and the progress they have made.