Thursday 26 January 2012

February 4th

It is officially booked - my ticket to fly out on the 4th of February.
I'm flying to the Dominican, visiting a couple of friends, taking a couple of busses and should arrive in Port-Au-Prince on the afternoon of the 7th.

I also wanted to share that I am up in numbers of financial supporters! Only 30 more monthly supporters (at $20/month) will cover the whole year!

This has been an amazing few weeks.
I am so grateful for each of you.

A dear friend sent me a cheque this week with a note commenting on the cheque number: "091"
She said she couldn't have planned it better - the reference to Psalm 91 - what an encouragement to me when it arrived in the mail today.

Psalm 91

The LORD Is My Fortress

1Live under the protection of God Most High 

and stay in the shadow of God All-Powerful.

2Then you will say to the LORD, "You are my fortress,

my place of safety; you are my God, and I trust you."

3The Lord will keep you safe from secret traps and deadly diseases.

4He will spread his wings over you and keep you secure.

His faithfulness is like a shield or a city wall.

5You won't need to worry about dangers at night or arrows during the day.

6And you won't fear diseases that strike in the dark or sudden disaster at noon.

7You will not be harmed, though thousands fall all around you.

8And with your own eyes you will see the punishment of the wicked.

9The LORD Most High is your fortress.

Run to him for safety,

10and no terrible disasters will strike you or your home.

11God will command his angels to protect you wherever you go.

12They will carry you in their arms,

and you won't hurt your feet on the stones.

13You will overpower the strongest lions

and the most deadly snakes.

14The Lord says, "If you love me and truly know who I am,

I will rescue you and keep you safe.

15When you are in trouble, call out to me.

I will answer and be there to protect and honor you.

16You will live a long life

and see my saving power."

1 comment:

Diana Wiebe said...

LOVE that psalm!
see you so soon!
:):):)