Sunday 15 January 2012

In Recent News ...

Hi Loved Ones,

I just wanted to let you know that we may not be doing all receipting through my church (Parkwood Gardens). I will let you know as soon as possible how/if that will change.

If you've already sent something to Parkwood for this work at Mission of Hope - don't worry, but DO let me know so we make sure to handle it properly.

I am so encouraged by some recent commitments to support this work on a monthly basis - what a blessing to me!

I am still looking for 40 people interested in supporting my work at Mission of Hope on a monthly basis at $20.00/month. Other styles of financial donations are also welcome of course! Please pray and consider partnering with me in this way. (As a side note: I think putting it in terms of smaller monthly donations is a little more interesting and personal - over the past years my cups of Tim Horton's and Starbucks and Second Cup coffees often hit the $20/month mark... and some of them didn't even taste good. I'm not asking anyone to give up coffee (or tea or diet coke) - I enjoy it myself whenever possible - they've got good stuff in Haiti! I just wanted to highlight that comparison which I found, as I said, interesting and personal.)

I also am looking for as many prayer partners as possible!

I hope your Sunday is shaping up wonderfully!
Blessings,
Kara-Lynn

ps. Living in another country sometimes exposes a person to unexpected opportunities...Guess what I was able to make while in Haiti last year?




2 comments:

duhgee said...

Looks like enchiladas, or maybe fajitas.

Unknown said...

umm nope. SUSHI!!!