Wednesday 15 February 2012

Settling in ... Sort of

In the past week and a half I have been greatly blessed.
I had safe travel through airspace, the Dominican Republic, Port-Au-Prince and up and down this rocky hill here at Mission of Hope. Talk about zooming in...
I was able to see two friends in DR, connect with the Haiti team and Pastor Richard at his house in the capital, visit with friends from last year (who came to MOH for Rachel's wedding) and get my arms around the 60+ kids I've been missing.
I rode a horse, had a beautiful day at the beach, witnessed a wonderful friend's wedding, deepened relationships with friends, found my office totally looted and then was blessed by two of the younger girls cleaning and organizing the whole thing on their own... I've had some great food, great company, great worship, great play... I wish I could show you all the photos I've taken and share all the moments I've been having... but you're not here.
Which brings me to some prayer requests. It is difficult to be here. It just has hard aspects that are totally out of one's power to change. There's so much good but a lot of loss too. And homesickness is an issue for me.
Also, there is a great spiritual battle going on around us. Of course that part of our world is always active, but here it sometimes is magnified. I had the worst nightmare of my life last week. Others have had some bad dreams as well.
Please pray as you are led for this place and the ministry here - the protection of those who work and live here - the wisdom and discipline we need to move forward in healthy ways - our integrity - and worship of the One who is our Reason.

No comments: