Tuesday 7 February 2012

From La Capital to La Other Capital

Today's bus ride was reasonably uneventful...only some minor interesting conversations at the Haitian side of the border regarding some boxes being brought in with medical supplies.
No one cared at all about the four car doors, the hood and the trunk lid also stowed in the Capital Coach lines under-bus compartment.
I left Santo Domingo at about 8am and arrived in Port-Au-Prince 7 hours later. Pastor Richard picked me up at the station just a few minutes after I arrived which was so lovely. It has always been hours of waiting in the past so today's prompt pick up was a special blessing at the end of my path to Haiti.
Tomorrow I will be at Mission of Hope before lunch, if all goes well, and will be so pleased to not be carrying around these suitcases any more! Also, I can't wait to see everyone there!!
Thank you so much for your prayers for safety and for strength. To be honest the last week or two has been quite exhausting and I think it will be a few days of taking things easy - and enjoying the celebrations around Rachel and Kenol's wedding - before I start to feel like myself again.
It has been an emotional few months and I am trying to rest in God's leading, trying to tap into His peace through this transitional time and trying to keep focus on the potential beauty of what we are attempting.
Thank you for your help and love and prayers.

No comments: