Thursday 2 February 2012

Speedy Update with some Details:

It's Thursday evening.
I just spent a few enjoyable hours with my Ferguson Grandparents and am now at my brother's place for the night so that first thing (Okay, 9:30) in the morning I will be able to go with my nephew to his weekly "Little Gym" class. I'm really pumped about it. Brought my fancy new camera and everything!
Saturday I fly out of YYZ to D.R. to make my way by bus across Hispaniola, visiting a couple of friends along the way, to PAP.
I'll be there by Tuesday afternoon, stay with Pastor Richard in Port-au-Prince and then get a ride (with one of the MOH drivers) to Mission of Hope in the morning.
This time next week I'll be looking forward to my second night's sleep at the mission.
I have been so encouraged all week by family and friends and God.
I feel tired but peaceful (despite needing to finish packing tomorrow eve).
I am not 100% subscribed in my funding but I am pretty close with all the donations and promises that came in during January. I'm pretty much speechless about that.
The weekend of visitors was wonderful. I felt so incredibly loved by all these beautiful gifts of people in my life (some who drove through storms they nicknamed "what heaven looks like").
Also speechless.
Except to say Thank You.
And I love you.
And God bless you.
And XO.

No comments: